Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Reflection #7

Part 1:

After completing the two meditation exercises, I felt much more in tune with myself. I was very aware of my breathing, my surroundings, and my feelings during and after meditating. It allowed me to forget my stress and responsibility in life for just a quick moment and to fully relax. I would definitely consider doing these meditations somewhat regularly. It doesn't take long, and afterwards there's a sense of rejuvenation. Especially with March and April being such busy months, I really should try to make time for meditating. I would be able to focus more on everything that needs to be done and really clear my mind of distractions. After the superhero meditation, I had similar feelings as the first, but I felt more creative. For me, imagining colors and sounds gave me a new-found sense of creativity. I love to scrapbook and make little crafts, but sometimes I just have no idea where to start. I'd do this one again in the future when I arrive at a roadblock in my creativity. It helped open another side of my mind.

Part 2:

I for sure have utilitarian friendships and pleasure friendships. Some of my pleasure friendships are growing closer to virtue. I have people I care so much about, but I don't always think of them first. I have a boyfriend of 1.5 years and I love him like crazy! My relationship with him would be the closest thing I have to a friendship of virtue. He goes to school in MN and even when we're both at home, we're still three hours apart. Since we're long distance, not everything I do is for him. Even if he went to school here, I still wouldn't be doing everything I do for him. I would've still been apart of HAIRSPRAY if he was here and that definitely wouldn't be because I thought it was in his best interest. I wanted to do it just for fun. But as we get older and grow more together, I believe it could turn into a friendship of virtue. We're both just too young and too far apart for that now.

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you say about how the Superhero Brain Meditation helped you with creativity. Part of its purpose is to exercise our brains to be in better touch with our world, and creativity is definitely an excellent way to be connected to the world: see it as it is and imagine the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete