Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reflection #5

This week I talked to one of my really close friends from home. We've never really talked about how much we appreciate each other before, even after 20 years of knowing each other. Since high school, we really haven't had a chance to talk very much so it was nice to have an excuse to talk about this. She's been my best friend for as long as I can remember, clearly since I'm only 21. She goes to college in Wisconsin and even stayed over the summer, so we rarely see each other. Before this exercise was assigned, she put me down as a reference for a big brother/big sister program. They gave me a call and of course I talked about all of the great things about her, so before going into this, I already had in mind what I was going to say. We decided to skype since we couldn't actually sit down together and at first we talked about how life was as kids together and how much fun we had. Then I got to telling her how much she meant to me as a friend. She reacted in such a positive way and even said some things back to me. It made me feel great! We've always been close, but I believe we became closer as a result of this assignment. It was also nice to talk to her again, and we've made plans for the summer to lunch. I can't wait to actually hang out and catch up in person.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's one of the best feelings, catching up with the old best friend and having them be equally as excited and happy that the two of you have reconnected. It's a shame that we always let ourselves drift though.

    ReplyDelete